Community & Farm Scale Aquaponics
Aquaponics systems become more efficient as they get larger. Each community would benefit greatly from the local food and local economy generated by a medium sized (1000-5000sq ft) aquaponics greenhouse. These systems can maximize productivity in relatively small greenhouses. They can produce fish and vegetables for a competitive ROI at wholesale market value.
Common crops produced on a commercial scale
- Leafy Greens: Lettuce, Basil, Spinach, Bok Choy, Swiss Chard, Kale.
- Herbs: Basil, Chives, Dill, Parsley, Cilantro, Mint
- Fruiting Plants: Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Peppers, Eggplant, Okra, Strawberries
- Flowers: Zinnias, Marigolds, Cosmos, Nasturtium and many others!
These are just some of the plants that can be produced for a good market value. However, any plant you can imagine can be grown in an Aquaponics system.
These Images are from an Aquaponics Project that we helped to build in conjunction with our friends at Colorado Aquaponics located at The Growhaus in Denver, CO.
Integrated Aquaponics is currently seeking an ideal location for a commercial aquaponics facility in Boulder, CO. For more information and to check on our progress, Check out Elevated Farms. If you are interested in Investing in a cutting edge project like this, or learning more about commercial Aquaponics systems, please Contact us!
Integrated Aquaponics can:
- Design, Build, and Maintain a Community Aquaponics system to feed your Community
- Help you Design a Do-it-Yourself system for you to build and maintain.
- Provide the education necessary for you to design and build for yourself